01: How Do I Register for a Convention?
Welcome to DanceComp Genie's Convention Registration support page!
If you are unsure whether the convention you are registering to is using DanceComp Genie's registration system, please take a look at the screenshot below: Usually there is a DanceComp Genie logo in the footer of the online registration system.
To use DanceComp Genie's registration system, you will first need to create a DanceComp Genie Studio account. To begin, please go to Dance Studio Magic
to follow the account creation steps.
If you already have a DanceComp Genie studio account, simply log in to begin your registration.
Once you've logged into the Convention registration system, the first page you will see is the Who & Where form. Here is where you will choose the location you are registering to and where you will be adding the teachers and students who are attending an event.
- Location drop down list is what you would be using to select the event you are registering to.
- List Teachers - Dancers information paragraph usually includes important information that the Convention Company would like you to know. Please be sure to read these paragraphs before continuing with your registration.
- Teacher - Dancers entry box is where you can enter your teachers and dancers by filling out the required information.
- Code refers to whether the person you are adding is a teacher or a dancer. It is important to enter this information correctly as a Teacher may not need a date of birth, and would not have "age category". As well, Convenntions usually have different pricing set up for Teachers.
- Fill in the Last Name and First Name in their respective fields of entry.
- Birth Month, Birth Date, Birth Year information are important as these are used for the Convention Company to calculate age category of your dancers.
- Gender is required information.
- Dancer Type refers to the level of the dancer you are ading. Sometimes registration fee for a Convention is related to the Dancer Type you've selected for a Dancer.
- Click Add once you have completed the dancer/teacher information fields. When dancers or teachers have been added correctly, they are displayed in the Available Dancers or Teachers column (on the left).
- Available Dancers, Teachers and Assistant Teachers and Attending Dancers, Teachers and Assistant Teachers columns are how you will manage dancers and teachers attending an event. These columns are self explanatory; available dancers and teachers are all dancers and teachers who are part of your studio, and attending dancers and teachers are all dancers and teachers who will be attending the Convention.
- To register dancers and teachers to a convention, select all the names applicabine in the Available column. You can select multiple names at a time by holding down the Shift key or the Ctrl key on your keboard. Once all attendees are highlighted, click on Add >> to move them to the Attending column.
- To remove any dancers or teachers from the Attending column, select them and click on << Remove.
- The Edit button allows you to edi and update a specific dancer's information. If you select a dancer and click on Edit, his or her information will populate in the entry box on top. Edit the information as you perfer and click on Update to save the information.
- The Delete button deletes a dancer from the registration form. However if this dancer has registeration data attached in your studio account, then you would not be able to delete him/her entirely.
- Once you have completed adding dancers and teachers to your registration, click Continue to go to step 2: Coupon.
This page allows you to enter coupon codes you may have received from the Convention company. There are two types of coupons that can be applied here: Studio Coupon Code and Attendees Coupon Code.
- A Studio Coupon Code will discount your entire registration. Once you've entered the code, click on Verify to apply the discount.
- Registration for Each Attendees section allows you to enter coupons per attendee under Coupon Code column. Before you can continue with registration, you must also select an event for each attendee from the drop down list for Events. Once you have done son, click on Continue to go to Step 3: Add-On.
This next area allows you to select any extra add-ons you would like to purchase along with your registration. Usually conventions will add merchandise or special tickets here as well. When you have completed selecting any add-ons you would like to purchase along with your registration, click on Continue to proceed to Step 4: Check Out.
This next area allows you to select any extra add-ons you would like to purchase along with your registration. Usually conventions will add merchandise or special tickets here as well.
When you have completed selecting any add-ons you would like to purchase along with your registration, click on Continue to proceed to Step 4: Check Out.
The Check Out page will display a brief summary of your registration before you check out. It is here you can review your registration.
- The View Summary link will open a separate page of your registration invoice, which you can print for your own records.
- Brief Summary window will display the list of attendees, their add-ons, and any discounts they have received from coupons. It is also here where you can view your Grand Total before processing check out.
- Special Comments Box allows you to enter any comments you would like the convention company to receive.
- “I agree…” link usually directs you to the terms and policies of the convention company. This should be reviewed before clicking on the checkbox. Once this is done, you may click on Complete to process your registration.
05: View & Edit My Convention Registrations
Viewing My Registration
You can look at previously registered convention registrations from inside your studio center: Conventions, or from the convention website itself. The following screenshot is how the registration would display from Studio Center:
And the following screenshot is how the registration would display on the Convention Company website:
Here, you can click on View Entries to view all registrations to this specific company.
Copy to Another Location option under Action column will allow you to copy the registration to another location for the same competition.
Editing My Registration
Once a registration is processed and the Status column displays “Done”, you will not be able to edit that registration. However, you can contact the convention company. Certain companies will choose to make these changes on your behalf, or they may choose to “unlock” the registration to allow you to make changes. For more detail on how to edit registrations, please go to the online help forum FAQ section at: http://studio.dancecompgenie.com/forums/f8-faq.aspx