FOR STUDIOS OR INDIVIDUALS
01: Dance Studio Magic Requirements?
Wondering what type of high end hardware you are needing to have in order to use Dance Studio Magic?
Rest assured, as long as you have access to a stable internet connection and a working computer, you can use Dance Studio Magic straight from your home or office.
There is no need for installation of software or upgrading your systems every time there is a new update. Dance Studio Magic is a web-based system that you can access with any web browser like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari.
To begin the 14-day free trial, click here
to register your studio account now!
01: How Do I Register for a Competition?
Welcome to DanceComp Genie's support page for how to register to a Competition using DanceComp Genie Studio passport!
If you are unsure whether the competition you are registering to is using DanceComp Genie's registration system, please take a look at the screenshot below: Usually there will be a DanceComp Genie label in the footer of the online registration system.
To create a new account, follow the steps for Creating a New Account
in the Dance Studio Magic
If you already have a DanceComp Genie studio account, then simply log in to begin your registration.
01: How Do I Register for a Convention?
Welcome to DanceComp Genie's Convention Registration support page!
If you are unsure whether the convention you are registering to is using DanceComp Genie's registration system, please take a look at the screenshot below: Usually there is a DanceComp Genie logo in the footer of the online registration system.
To use DanceComp Genie's registration system, you will first need to create a DanceComp Genie Studio account. To begin, please go to Dance Studio Magic
to follow the account creation steps.
If you already have a DanceComp Genie studio account, simply log in to begin your registration.
01: Welcome to Dance Studio Magic: Parent Account
Your Dance Studio Magic account allows you to register to classes, check your weekly class schedule, as well as receive Competition videos from your studio whenever it is available.
To create a Dance Studio Magic parent/individual account now, click here
For a quick video walk through of how to search for a studio and to register for classes within that studio, please view the following video:
The first page of the registration from is the Who & Where section. This is the page you will use to select the location you would like to attend the event at, as well as add the dancers and teachers who will be attending the competition.
- Choose the location you would like to attend by using the Location drop down list.
- The List-Teachers -- Dancers information paragraph usually includes important information that the competition company would like you to know. Please be sure to read these paragraphs before continuing with your registration.
- The Teachers -- Dancers entry box is what you would use to enter your teachers and dancers by filling out the required information:
- Code: this refers to whether the person you are adding is a teacher or a dancer. It is important to enter this information correctly as a Teacher may not need a date or birth, and would not have "age category" information if the teacher is performing in a routine.
- Fill in the Last Name and First Name in their respective fields of entry.
- The Birth Month, Birth Date, Birth Year, information are important as it is how the system will calculate the age category your dancers belong to.
- Gender specification is required information because certain competitios do generate awards based on gender.
- The Import Multiple Dancers function allows you to upload a .csv document into the system. This will allow you to add a list of dancers and teachers all at once. For a sample.csv file, please click on the Import Multiple Dancers link in the box. You will see a pop up window:
- Studio Dancer's Upload function allows you to import multiple dancers at once. To do this, please download the sample .CSV file provided in the pop up box and save it to your computer.
- Open the .CSV file once download is complete. Fill in the information for each of your dancers following the format provided in the file. Important: You will need to have Microsoft Excel in order to edit and save .CSV documents.
- Once you've added all your dancers into this document, save it in the same .CSV format it was downloaded in. Then you would upload this file from the same pop up window by click on Choose File.
- Choose File opens a file browers window. Find the .CSV file and upload it.
- click on Submit to complete uploading your dancers.
- When dancers or teachers have been added correctly, they are displayed in the Available Dancers or Teachers column (on the left).
- Available DAncers or Teachers and Performing Dancers or Teachers columns are how you will manage dancers and teachers attending an event. These oclumns are self explanatory; available dancers and teachers are all dancers are teachers who are part of your studio. Performing dancers or teachers are dancers and teachers who will be attending the competition.
- To register dancers and teachers to a competition, select all the names applicable in the Available column. You can select multiple names at a time by holding down the Shift key or the Ctrl key on your keyboard. Once all attendees are highlighted, click on Add >> to move them to the Performing column.
- To remove any dancers or teachers from the Performing column, select them and click on << Remove.
- The Edit button allows you to edit and update a specific dancer's information. If you select a dancer and click on Edit., his or her information will populate in the entry box on top. Edit the information as you perfer and click on Update to save the information.
- The Delete button allows you to delete a dancer from the registration form entirely.
- Once you have completed adding dancers and teachers to your registration, click on Start to Add Routines to go to step 2: Add Routines.