Adding a Student to a Class in Dance Studio Magic
Here are some easy-to-follow instructions on how to create a student account and add a student to a class:
Step 1. Once logged into your account, click the tab labelled Students and then select Accounts on the left-hand side.
Step 2. Click Add New Account.
Step 3: A page will popup titled Create a Student Account. Fill out the required fields. If the parent or student’s email is unknown, it is okay to make one up because you can change it later.
Note: You will need to remember this email and password in order to login to the account in the future.
After filling out all the information, click Create.
The family account and student(s) belonging to the family should now be visible under the Accounts tab.
Step 4. Click the Classes tab and choose Edit Reg. for the class you wish to add a student to.
Step 5. In the Search bar, type in the name of the student and click Search.
Click the box beside the student’s name and select Add to Class. You can select multiple students by clicking more than one box.
Step 6. Select the student’s name and click Confirm Registration below.
Now you’ll need to confirm and finalize the student fees.
Step 7. There are two ways to get to the student’s fees page. From the Edit Class Registration page, you can select the student’s name and select View Fees.
Or, you can go to the Students tab and select Fees for a specific student.
Step 8. Once at the student’s fees page, you will see three different types of fees.
The Registration Fee is charged only once when the student first registers with the studio.
The Tuition Fee is charged for registering in classes.
The Misc. Fee is for any other fees your studio may charge (example: Costume Fee).
To confirm the Registration Fee, click Confirm Fee on the left-hand side.
If the student pays the registration fee by cash in the studio, you can enter this into the system by going to the Incomplete Transactions tab and clicking Make Payment on Behalf of Student.
Step 9. Check the Tuition Fee by selecting Monthly Details.
This will bring up a window that looks like this:
1. Amount shows the amount for each payment and allows you to edit the payments.
2. This tab displays the date the payment is due OR the date the payment will be automatically charged to the student’s credit card.
3. The Delete All option allows you to delete all the payments. (If you delete $100 of payments, Unscheduled Fees will show $100.)
4. Manually Create Term Payment allows you to create a manual payment schedule. For example, if the client wishes to pay in full at one time, you can click Delete All to remove the individual payments. Then select Manually Create Term Payment and enter the total amount of Unscheduled Fees.
5. By checking the boxes under the Have Check heading, you are confirming that you have received post-dated checks for the correct amounts.
Note: If a student registers in a class from their account, you do not need to complete Steps 1-3. Start from Step 4 and the student’s name will already be in the Registered section (see Step 6). Now you can proceed with the rest of the Steps.
Now you have completed all the steps of adding a student to a class. From the student’s account, the class will be displayed as Confirmed in the student’s class schedule.