FOR STUDIOS OR INDIVIDUALS
Once you've logged into the Convention registration system, the first page you will see is the Who & Where form. Here is where you will choose the location you are registering to and where you will be adding the teachers and students who are attending an event.
- Location drop down list is what you would be using to select the event you are registering to.
- List Teachers - Dancers information paragraph usually includes important information that the Convention Company would like you to know. Please be sure to read these paragraphs before continuing with your registration.
- Teacher - Dancers entry box is where you can enter your teachers and dancers by filling out the required information.
- Code refers to whether the person you are adding is a teacher or a dancer. It is important to enter this information correctly as a Teacher may not need a date of birth, and would not have "age category". As well, Convenntions usually have different pricing set up for Teachers.
- Fill in the Last Name and First Name in their respective fields of entry.
- Birth Month, Birth Date, Birth Year information are important as these are used for the Convention Company to calculate age category of your dancers.
- Gender is required information.
- Dancer Type refers to the level of the dancer you are ading. Sometimes registration fee for a Convention is related to the Dancer Type you've selected for a Dancer.
- Click Add once you have completed the dancer/teacher information fields. When dancers or teachers have been added correctly, they are displayed in the Available Dancers or Teachers column (on the left).
- Available Dancers, Teachers and Assistant Teachers and Attending Dancers, Teachers and Assistant Teachers columns are how you will manage dancers and teachers attending an event. These columns are self explanatory; available dancers and teachers are all dancers and teachers who are part of your studio, and attending dancers and teachers are all dancers and teachers who will be attending the Convention.
- To register dancers and teachers to a convention, select all the names applicabine in the Available column. You can select multiple names at a time by holding down the Shift key or the Ctrl key on your keboard. Once all attendees are highlighted, click on Add >> to move them to the Attending column.
- To remove any dancers or teachers from the Attending column, select them and click on << Remove.
- The Edit button allows you to edi and update a specific dancer's information. If you select a dancer and click on Edit, his or her information will populate in the entry box on top. Edit the information as you perfer and click on Update to save the information.
- The Delete button deletes a dancer from the registration form. However if this dancer has registeration data attached in your studio account, then you would not be able to delete him/her entirely.
- Once you have completed adding dancers and teachers to your registration, click Continue to go to step 2: Coupon.
02: Why Can't I Register a Studio Account?
When registering for a DanceComp Genie Studio account, you may receive this message:
This means the email address you've entered is already in use. It may be possible that your studio has previously registered to a different dance competition using DanceComp Genie. At this point you would go to our Forgot Password page to retreive your password. Or you can register a new account with a different studio email address.
The next page in the online registration system is the Add Routines page. Here is where you input the routine information for each one of your registrations.
- To begin adding routines, select an Entry Type (solo, duo, trio, etc) from the drop down list and click on Add New.
- The next page is the routine details page. Here you must enter in the specific routine information the competiton has requested. Keep in mind that all requested information will need to be filled out before you can proceed to add more routines or to check out. When you've completed filling in the routine information, you must click on Save to save the routine information. After saving a routine, you are redirected to the Add Routines main page to add more routines, edit previoius routines, or proceed to checkout.
- Copy Routines from Other Sources link allows you to copy routines from previous entries that are stored in your Studio account:
- To copy routines from your Studio Center account, you would simply choose the year that the previous routines had been entered. The list of your routines from that year will be displayed in the left window titled Routines From.
- Select the routines you would like to transfer. You can select multiple routines by holding down Ctrl on your keyboard.
- Once you have the routines selected, click on Add to move them to the window titled Routines to be Copied to.
- Click on Confirm and Copy button at the bottom of this page. You will then be taken to the Confirm Entry Details page to confirm the correct entry types. Click on Transfer when you have confirmed:
- The next screen shows you that there are required information that you still need to complete for the routines that you copied over. To do this, you would click on the routines displayed in RED:
- You will then be asked to fill out the missing information. Once you have done so, click on Save Routine:
- Now that the information have been filled out, you would click on Continue from your Confirm Entry details screen. You will be re-directed to the original screen for Add Routines:
- Added Entries table displays routines you've added in this session. From this table, you are able to Delete or Edit routines you've previously added. As well, you can use this table to confirm your routines before continuing to checkout.
To view fee summary, click on View Summary link:
To proceed to checkout, click on Continue:
This page allows you to enter coupon codes you may have received from the Convention company. There are two types of coupons that can be applied here: Studio Coupon Code and Attendees Coupon Code.
- A Studio Coupon Code will discount your entire registration. Once you've entered the code, click on Verify to apply the discount.
- Registration for Each Attendees section allows you to enter coupons per attendee under Coupon Code column. Before you can continue with registration, you must also select an event for each attendee from the drop down list for Events. Once you have done son, click on Continue to go to Step 3: Add-On.
This next area allows you to select any extra add-ons you would like to purchase along with your registration. Usually conventions will add merchandise or special tickets here as well. When you have completed selecting any add-ons you would like to purchase along with your registration, click on Continue to proceed to Step 4: Check Out.
This next area allows you to select any extra add-ons you would like to purchase along with your registration. Usually conventions will add merchandise or special tickets here as well.
When you have completed selecting any add-ons you would like to purchase along with your registration, click on Continue to proceed to Step 4: Check Out.
03: How Do I Disable Automatic Emails?
You will have noticed that your Dance Studio Magic account sends out automated emails to account holders. The two automatic emails are to notify parents and students of successful payments or failed payments.
If you do not wish to have your account send these emails to parents and students, this is how you can turn them off:
1. Login to your Dance Studio Magic account
2. Click the tab Account & Setup
3. Go to the section called Emails Format
4. Click the checkbox in the top left that says Disable auto-emailing